RED SPRINGS, NC (WBTW) – Deputies with the Robeson County Sheriff’s Office have arrested a suspect in connection to a shooting in the Red Springs area.
According to the Robeson County Sheriff’s Office, Jody Lee Hunt Jr. was arrested Thursday charged with discharging a firearm into an occupied vehicle. This charge is in connection to a shooting that occurred Sept. 4 at the Thunder Valley Oasis Store in Red Springs.
Prior to this arrest, Hunt was out on bond for charges of first-degree murder and possession of a firearm by a convicted felon. Hunt was also on probation for a conviction of assault with a deadly weapon inflicting serious injury that occurred in 2017.
Hunt is currently being held at the Robeson County Detention Center under a $1.5 million secured bond.
The Robeson County Sheriff’s Office Homicide Division conducted the investigation. Anyone with information is asked to call 910-671-3170 or 910-671-3100.
- Big Ten to play conference-only football schedule
- FDA takes action to protect consumers in COVID-19 pandemic
- UPDATE: Alabama reports 48,588 confirmed COVID-19 cases statewide, with 1,494 in Lee County
- UPDATE: Georgia reports 106,727 confirmed COVID-19 cases, with 2,438 in Columbus
- COVID-19 forces Lakewood Baptist Church to close Childcare Program
Free download: Access Columbus and East Alabama breaking news, weather, stream newscasts live and more on-the-go with News 3 alerts directly to your phone.