RED SPRINGS, NC (WBTW) – Deputies with the Robeson County Sheriff’s Office have arrested a suspect in connection to a shooting in the Red Springs area.
According to the Robeson County Sheriff’s Office, Jody Lee Hunt Jr. was arrested Thursday charged with discharging a firearm into an occupied vehicle. This charge is in connection to a shooting that occurred Sept. 4 at the Thunder Valley Oasis Store in Red Springs.
Prior to this arrest, Hunt was out on bond for charges of first-degree murder and possession of a firearm by a convicted felon. Hunt was also on probation for a conviction of assault with a deadly weapon inflicting serious injury that occurred in 2017.
Hunt is currently being held at the Robeson County Detention Center under a $1.5 million secured bond.
The Robeson County Sheriff’s Office Homicide Division conducted the investigation. Anyone with information is asked to call 910-671-3170 or 910-671-3100.
- Tonawanda community shaken after two people die in a crash involving six cars
- 2-time Daytona 500 champ Johnson ready for one final ride
- Rains postpones Daytona 500, dampening event, Trump’s visit
- Boston College holds off NC State rally for 71-68 win
- Fort Valley woman with ties to East Alabama missing since Feb. 14
Free download: Access Columbus and East Alabama breaking news, weather, stream newscasts live and more on-the-go with News 3 alerts directly to your phone.