EUTAW, Ala. (WIAT) — Eutaw mayor-elect Latasha Johnson has been arrested and indicted by a grand jury for allegedly using her title for personal gain as well as giving false information to investigators.
The charges stem from Johnson’s time as a city councilwoman, according to Green County District Attorney Greg Griggers.
Johnson was elected mayor of Eutaw after defeating incumbent Raymond Steele earlier this month.
No other information has been released at this time. Stay with CBS 42 as this is an ongoing story.
- Pelosi, Schumer back $908 billion COVID-19 relief proposal
- DHS nominee vows administration will ‘roll up sleeves’ and reform immigration on Day 1
- Australian family returns home to find koala in their Christmas tree
- We still score BIG after Friday’s storm sweeps through for weekend events
- Construction begins on North College/Farmville Road roundabout