FLORENCE, SC (WBTW) – A Florence priest denied former Vice President Joe Biden communion, saying he did so because Biden supports abortion.
Rev. Robert E. Morey, a priest at St. Anthony Catholic Church in Florence, says he refused Holy Communion to the former vice president on Sunday.
“Sadly, this past Sunday, I had to refuse Holy Communion to former Vice President Joe Biden. Holy Communion signifies we are one with God, each other and the Church. Our actions should reflect that,” Rev. Morey says in a statement to News13. “Any public figure who advocates for abortion places himself or herself outside of Church teaching. As a priest, it is my responsibility to minister to those souls entrusted to my care, and I must do so even in the most difficult situations. I will keep Mr. Biden in my prayers.”
Count on News13 for updates.
- Miss Georgia returns to Columbus after year-long wait due to COVID-19
- Enjoying a lot sun in this forecast
- Senate approves President Biden’s COVID-19 relief plan, headed back to House for final approval
- One of last living Birmingham Black Barons looking for lost suitcase in Fultondale
- CDC study shows pregnant women are at greater risk for COVID-19