CLEARWATER, Fla. (WFLA) – A toddler was seriously injured in a motorcycle crash in Clearwater, Florida, Thursday evening, police said. Her stepfather was arrested after the incident.
The crash happened at about 5 p.m. at the corner of Engman Street and Roosevelt Avenue.
Police said the 17-month-old girl was riding on her stepfather’s lap when he ran a stop sign and crashed the motorcycle.
The child was taken to All Children’s Hospital, where she remains in critical but stable condition.
Her stepfather, Dontrell Stanley, 35, was medically evaluated at Morton Plant Hospital then booked into the Pinellas County Jail.
He faces charges of child neglect with great bodily harm and having no driver’s license.
- Gulf Shores PD: 31 kilos of cocaine found washed ashore at public beach
- Social media post about Illinois student assaulted, bullied in gym class goes viral
- Warrant signed for south Alabama football coach after group brawl
- Woman testifies that she woke to find ‘That ’70s Show’ actor Danny Masterson raping her
- After record ‘deaths of despair’ in 2019, early pandemic data is grim
DOWNLOAD OUR FREE NEWS APP FOR THE LATEST UPDATES:
FOR WEATHER ALERTS: