GEORGIA (WFLA) — A convicted rapist is on the run after being released from prison by mistake.
Tony Maycon Munoz-Mendez was released on accident from Rogers State Prison in Reidsville Oct. 25 around 11:30 a.m.
Munoz-Mendez was serving time after being convicted of rape and aggravated child molestation charges in Gwinnett County.
He began serving a life sentence in April 2015.
Anyone who sees Munoz-Mendez is urged not to approach him, but instead call 911 immediately.
- Texas activists rally to end ‘political persecution’ of Juarez labor lawyer
- Blue Bell ordered to pay $17.25M after 2015 listeria contamination
- VIDEO: Astounding view of Orange Beach devastation from drone after Sally
- $8M more in CARES Act funds allocated for South Texas region, but entities must apply
- Chihuahua to relaunch ravaged tourism industry despite pandemic