ATLANTA (WJBF) – The Georgia Secretary of State’s Office is holding a press conference updating on the count in Tuesday’s runoff election.
This comes after the Associated Press called one of Georgia’s two Senate runoffs early Wednesday morning for Democrat Raphael Warnock.
The winner of the Perdue-Ossoff race will determine which party will control the U.S. Senate and, in turn, the fate of President-elect Joe Biden’s legislative agenda.
MORE TOP STORIES:
- Hamilton City meeting to discuss hiring new police chief ends in call for another meeting
- UPDATE: Georgia reports 810,473 confirmed cases of COVID-19 statewide, with 12,653 in Columbus
- During state-wide shortage, Georgia officials say Columbus is receiving its fair share of COVID-19 vaccine doses
- Critics: GOP measures target Black voter turnout in Georgia
- Columbus city officials pay tribute to those who lost lives to COVID-19
- Two Columbus paramedics honored as Piedmont First Friday heroes after saving child from drowning
- Mother of Ahmaud Arbery files federal civil rights lawsuit
- UPDATE: Georgia reports 808,416 confirmed cases of COVID-19 statewide, with 12,612 in Columbus