COLUMBUS, Ga. (WRBL) – One man is dead following a shooting on Saturday at 3150 Macon Road.
According to Columbus PD, officers were dispatched around 11pm to “Pita Mediterranean Street Food” regarding a person on the ground.
Upon arrival, officers discovered the victim, 20-year-old Devion Miley, suffering from gunshot wounds.
EMS responded and transported him to Piedmont Regional Midtown for treatment.
According to Muscogee County Coroner Buddy Bryan, he succumbed to his injuries and was pronounced dead at Piedmont at 11:51 pm.
This was the 31st homicide in Columbus this year.
Anyone with information related to this case is encouraged to contact Columbus PD.
- Drier air decreasing rain chances for the rest of the week, and tropics may be the only way to gauge rain in the foreseeable future.
- Auburn K-9 Officer retires after 7 years of service
- Troup County returns with summer football workouts
- Opelika Police looking to identify Johnstone Supply burglary suspect
- David Harris died in Monroe Police custody, case has been bumped up to DA
DOWNLOAD OUR FREE NEWS APP FOR THE LATEST UPDATES:
FOR WEATHER ALERTS: