Background checks on gun purchases in the U.S. are climbing toward a record high this year. The industry says that reflects growing fears among gun owners that the next president could restrict their rights.
By the end of November, more than 25.4 million background checks had been conducted by the FBI. That puts 2019 on pace to break the record of 27.5 million set in 2016.
On Black Friday alone, the FBI ran 202,465 background checks. That’s one every 4.85 seconds.
- COVID-19 forces Lakewood Baptist Church to close Childcare Program
- Body of missing Seoul mayor found after massive search
- Virginia man charged after infant smothered to death, wife injured with hammer
- Destination Vacation: 23 miles of hiking trails await across the beautiful Piedmont Environmental Center
- 11-year-old girl, her father shot to death in dog dispute with neighbor in Florida, police say
DOWNLOAD OUR FREE NEWS APP FOR THE LATEST UPDATES:
FOR WEATHER ALERTS: