BELLAIRE, Ohio (WTRF) “It’s a rite of passage–but this year the kids came home with more than sand in their shorts–they got COVID 19,” said Bellaire Schools Superintendent Darren Jenkins.
He said the numbers are unclear, and it was a diverse group.
“There were graduating seniors from our district and Shadyside and other places.” said Jenkins.
“There were underclassmen, and there were those who had graduated several years ago.”
So Bellaire has suspended all extracurricular activities for the time being, and has closed the buildings to everyone.
He says the schools will be deep cleaned and sanitized, and activities will only be resumed when everyone is out of quarantine.
- Slim Jim jerky recipe creator Lon Adams dies of COVID-19
- UPDATE: Alabama reports 213,172 confirmed COVID-19 cases statewide, with 4,870 in Lee County
- UAB and Middle Tennessee football game canceled due to COVID-19
- Police searching for motorist who killed cat by throwing it out of Jeep into busy Oklahoma intersection
- UPDATE: Georgia reports 428,980 confirmed COVID-19 cases statewide, with 7,008 in Columbus