MONTGOMERY, Ala. (WIAT) — On Monday, CBS 42 sat down exclusively with Governor Kay Ivey to talk about the state’s COVID-19 efforts.
This Friday, the state mask order is set to expire.
Gov. Ivey said since the mask mandate went into effect, the state has seen a decline in COVID-19 cases, hospitalizations and deaths.
We also asked her would she like to see all Alabama schools back to in-person learning this fall?
“Certainly, I’d like to see it but I want our superintendents across the state to use their good judgment. What works in both and may not work in northwest Alabama,” Gov. Kay said.
The governor is expected to hold a news conference later this week to announce the decision on the state health order.
- One ref’s decision cost a Missouri man $1 million in fantasy football competition
- Hicksville family using slingshot to pass out trick-or-treat candy
- Foreign minister: Mexico will not close the border despite COVID-19 surge
- Oklahoma mother gives birth to 8-pound baby at home during ice storm
- Actress Lori Loughlin reports to prison in college scam