JACKSBORO, Tenn. (WATE) – Superstar Jennifer Lopez and former MLB MVP Alex Rodriguez are making a huge impact in one East Tennessee community.
Jennifer Lopez announced on her Instagram Wednesday that she and her husband, former baseball star Alex Rodriguez, have donated one year’s worth of food to Jacksboro Elementary School after a Jacksboro first-grade teacher’s viral Facebook post about the faculty buying students food to take home.
In a post on Instagram, Lopez and Rodriguez are seen face-timing with Jacksboro teacher Brooke Goins, who made the viral social media post, saying they were both moved to tears by the teachers.
The two recently launched frozen meal company, Tiller & Hatch, and decided to send one year’s worth of prepared meals to the school’s food pantry, saying that no child should ever have to go to sleep hungry.
- Columbus Police searching for critically missing woman last seen on Joy Road
- USOPC opens books, gives more detail about sports funding
- Transformer knocked out on Nancy Street
- Remembering the life, legacy, and love Johnny Lawrence left for Lee County
- Tree falls on home on Yates Drive
DOWNLOAD OUR FREE NEWS APP FOR THE LATEST UPDATES:
FOR WEATHER ALERTS:
Free download: Access Columbus and East Alabama breaking news, weather, stream newscasts live and more on-the-go with News 3 alerts directly to your phone.