JACKSBORO, Tenn. (WATE) – Superstar Jennifer Lopez and former MLB MVP Alex Rodriguez are making a huge impact in one East Tennessee community.
Jennifer Lopez announced on her Instagram Wednesday that she and her husband, former baseball star Alex Rodriguez, have donated one year’s worth of food to Jacksboro Elementary School after a Jacksboro first-grade teacher’s viral Facebook post about the faculty buying students food to take home.
In a post on Instagram, Lopez and Rodriguez are seen face-timing with Jacksboro teacher Brooke Goins, who made the viral social media post, saying they were both moved to tears by the teachers.
The two recently launched frozen meal company, Tiller & Hatch, and decided to send one year’s worth of prepared meals to the school’s food pantry, saying that no child should ever have to go to sleep hungry.
- Two-time Super Bowl champ plans turkey giveaway in LaGrange
- Phenix City police announce arrest in October murder
- Light rain will continue into the afternoon.
- Lanett coach turns to football and family for strength
- Dave Nurnburg Resigns From Northside
Free download: Access Columbus and East Alabama breaking news, weather, stream newscasts live and more on-the-go with News 3 alerts directly to your phone.