(CNN) – John Cena is doing some method acting with his bank account.
The wrestler-turned-actor says he will donate half a million dollars to the people fighting the wildfires in California.
Cena plays a firefighter in an upcoming comedy film called “Playing With Fire.”
He is asking Paramount – which produced the film – to select a charity that aids first responders.
Multiple wildfires are raging in both Northern and Southern California.
The Kincade Fire in Sonoma County has forced nearly 200,000 people from their homes.
Close to one million California residents have had their power service interrupted because of the fires.
Latest News Headlines:
- Athletes of the Week: Hardaway Hawks Football
- ADHD Awareness month, part 3: Strengths and misunderstanding the disorder
- Drug cartel wars leave 12 dead, 4 missing in Chihuahua
- Playing through! Nearly 10-foot-long alligator strolls across Florida golf course
- Ossoff continues attack on Perdue in Columbus as senator pulls out of scheduled third debate