BATH, Mich (WLNS) – A high school baseball player from Michigan collided with an opponent on April 21, resulting in a brain injury. Cooper Gardner, Bath High School’s second basemen, later died from his injuries.
Cooper was rushed to the emergency room after the collision and spent six days in the ICU at Sparrow Hospital in Lansing, Michigan. He was moved to a regular room on April 28.
While recovering at home, Cooper passed away from his injuries Sunday morning.
Bath High School Principal Matt Dodson sent Nexstar’s 6 News this statement: “Cooper Gardner embodied every admirable characteristic one could ever hope to instill in a young man. He was kind, humble, intelligent, respectful, and honest. We love you Coop. Love and peace to the Gardner family.”
A GoFundMe page has been created to help the Gardner family with hospital and funeral expenses
Families in the Bath High School community are raising money for The Gardners’ through a t-shirt fundraiser, as well as the GoFundMe.
- Marjorie Taylor Greene apologizes for comparing safety masks, Holocaust
- 2 dead, 2 injured in shooting at Mueller Co. plant in Albertville, authorities searching for shooter
- Forecast remains hot with slim rain chances; tracking the tropics closely.
- Georgia only has three fellowship trained Pediatric and Adolescent Gynecologists
- City hosts public meeting on SPLOST proposals
DOWNLOAD OUR FREE NEWS APP FOR THE LATEST UPDATES:
FOR WEATHER ALERTS: