MOODY, Ala. (WIAT) — Today, family and friends from across Alabama will gather in Moody to remember the life and legacy of Lt. Stephen Williams.
Williams, who worked over 20 years in law enforcement, was shot and killed in the line of duty while responding to a disturbance call at the Super 8 Motel in Moody June 2.
He left behind a wife and three childre. Williams served with the Moody Police Department for three years and previously worked in the Bessemer and Alabaster police departments.
The viewing will start at 9 a.m. while the memorial will begin at 11 a.m.
- Do plexiglass COVID barriers really work, and what will become of them?
- America’s image has improved since Biden election, Pew study says
- Barge stuck on dam causes flooding in Alabama and Mississippi
- Rain chances backing off as temperatures remain seasonable
- Auburn church replaces church sign that was stolen