NewsChannel 6 will live stream the news conference in Cayce, S.C. starting at 3 p.m.
COLUMBIA, S.C. (AP) – Authorities say they will soon release how a 6-year-old girl who disappeared from her front yard was killed, along with details on the death of a neighbor whose body was found moments after the child.
Cayce officers and the Lexington County Coroner’s Office plan a news conference Tuesday. Investigators have said they found a clue to Faye Marie Swetlik’s disappearance in the neighbor’s trash can Thursday.
Not long after, they found the girl’s body in woods that had been carefully searched before and then found the neighbor 30-year-old Coty Scott Taylor dead in his home.
The girl got off the school bus and was last seen playing in her Cayce front yard on Monday.
A press conference is scheduled for today at 3:00pm in Cayce, S.C.
- UPDATE: Georgia reports 309,678 confirmed COVID-19 cases statewide, with 5,920 in Columbus
- Gas Inc. partners with Feeding America, donating meals to families in need
- One on one with Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger
- $22 million grant awarded to Georgia to widen a state route in Twiggs County
- President Donald Trump to visit Georgia Friday