COLUMBUS, Ga. (WRBL) – Gridlock in Midtown Columbus late Thursday morning after a tree fell across 13th Street, blocking traffic both ways on the heavily-traveled conduit at the 18th Ave. intersection.
Columbus Consolidated Government crews were quickly on scene working to remove the downed tree while Columbus Police rerouted traffic.
Just after noon, crews cleared the felled foliage enough for traffic to resume on the critical corridor, which connects the residential ring in Midtown with the shops and businesses of downtown.
- Krispy Kreme offers 1-day treat to enjoy during ‘Strawberry’ supermoon
- Newsfeed Now: US will miss July 4 vaccination goal; Board crashes through car windshield on turnpike
- Frontier Airlines adds ‘COVID Recovery Charge’ to ticket price. Here’s what it covers
- ‘The devil himself’: Robeson County man arrested for selling drugs in front of drug rehab center
- Warren Buffett resigns as trustee of Gates Foundation
DOWNLOAD OUR FREE NEWS APP FOR THE LATEST UPDATES:
FOR WEATHER ALERTS: