2 found dead in Georgia home filled with carbon monoxide

Local News
carbon monoxide_1519230517926.jpg.jpg

Authorities say two people died inside a Georgia home where the air was filled with carbon monoxide.
    
Savannah police said in a news release that 91-year-old Martha Brown and her son, 70-year-old John Duncan, were found dead Tuesday in a back room of the house. Firefighters were called in because of a gas odor. They detected lethal levels of carbon monoxide.
    
Police said no foul play is suspected. Autopsies are being conducted to determine the cause of death.
    
Juliana Bland told WTOC-TV she smelled smoke in the home when she arrived to check on her uncle and grandmother and found them motionless. She called 911.
    
Carbon dioxide is a gas found in fumes emitted by automobile engines and gas-burning appliances. It can poison people if allowed to build up indoors.

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Recent Updates

More 7 Day Forecast

More Political Stories

More Politics

Trending Stories

Don't Miss

Trending Stories