Auburn University sends out campus wide notice after possible drugging at frat house

Local News
Auburn Update_1534774560149.png.jpg

A female reported she believes she was involuntarily given a drug at a fraternity house on Tuesday night. She reported being incapacitated shortly after drinking from a drink given to her at a party.

If you believe you have been drugged:

• Immediately get medical attention. Some date rape drugs can only be detected in urine from 3-12 hours after they are consumed.

• Call 911 or have a trusted friend take you to the East Alabama Medical Center emergency room. During daytime hours, you can go to the Auburn University Medical Clinic.

• Do not urinate before going to the hospital or medical clinic, if at all possible. If you cannot wait, collect your urine in a clean container and bring it with you for testing.

• Report the incident to police at 911 or 334-501-3100.

Please be reminded of the following:

• Giving someone a drug without their permission is considered aggravated assault and is a felony.

• This type of crime can occur anywhere. You should not leave drinks unattended, accept drinks from others or drink from common, open containers.

• Perpetrators of this type of crime may target people who are in a new environment and experiencing new things, such as students beginning a new school year.

Resources On and Off Campus

• Safe Harbor (on campus; 24 hours a day): 334-844-7233 or

• Rape Counselors of East Alabama (community; 24 hours a day): 334-705-0510

• Resources for Survivors:

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Recent Updates

More 7 Day Forecast

Trending Stories

Don't Miss

Trending Stories