The Lee County School District and a group of local musicians are planning a pair of benefit concerts for local tornado victims.
The first concert is Tuesday, March 12th beginning at 6:30 p.m. CDT at the Opelika Performing Arts Center at Opelika High School.
Admission is a $2 donation with all proceeds of the concert going to tornado victims.
Tuesday’s concert will feature:
- Smiths Station Junior High School Silver Band
- Smiths Station Junior High School Black Band
- Beulah High School Concert Band
- Beauregard High School Concert Band
- Smiths Station High School Concert Band
- Smiths Station High School Symphonic Band
In addition, a group of local musicians are planning an outdoor benefit concert on Saturday, March 23rd.
“Beau’stock” will take place from 2 p.m. – 10 p.m. at 4197 Lee Road in Opelika.
Admission is a $5 donation, with all proceeds going to the victims. Residents who live on Lee Road 38 or 39 will be admitted for free with a photo ID.
The line-up includes:
2pm – Phillip McCain
3pm – Kyle Wilson
4pm – J.C. Bridwell
5pm – Brandon Holden
6pm – Dusty Story
7pm – Marc Kenney & Jimmy Waters
8pm – Damn Skippy
9pm – David McBride