After an hours long standoff on Roberta Drive, Christopher Daron Smith is in custody. Smith was taken in peacefully by law enforcement officers in Columbus, Ga.
Smith is scheduled to appear in court for a variety of charges, including
- two counts of sodomy,
- four counts of child molestation,
- two misdemeanor charges for contributing to the delinquency of a minor,
- a count of felony possession of a firearm in commission of a crime,
- a count of obstruction of justice, and
- one count of felony theft by receiving a firearm.
Following his arrest, Smith is expected to be in Recorder’s Court on Saturday.