OPELIKA, Ala.(WRBL) – Even amid the coronavirus crisis, the City of Opelika will be honoring those who gave their lives while serving the country.
On Monday, May 25, the City will host a virtual Memorial Day Services to remember the military heroes who fought and died for the freedom of the United States.
This year’s line lineup for the event will include:
- Welcome by Mayor Gary Fuller
- Prayer by Rev.Robin Wilson, First United Methodist Church of Opelika
- Special Music by DeDe Jackson and Dallas Dorsey
- Poetry by Ella Kate and Maxwell Battles
- Guest speaker is U.S. Army Veteran Jody Fuller