UPDATE April 27, 3 p.m.: Deputy coroner Elizabeth Allison told News 3 two teenagers, both passengers in the vehicle, died in the wreck. Aireona Jackson, 17, and Carolyn Jones, 16, died at the scene.
The driver of the vehicle was taken to a local hospital. That person’s condition is not known.
COLUMBUS, Ga. (WRBL) – Muscogee County Deputy Coroner Elizabeth Allison confirms two people are dead and a death investigation is currently underway on South Lumpkin Road. Columbus police say they arrived on the scene at around 12:30 a.m.
A portion of South Lumpkin road is currently blocked off and authorities are on the scene. We have reached out to Columbus Police for more information on this ongoing investigation.
We will continue to update you on WRBL News 3 on-air and online as more information becomes available.
- Dry days are behind us; wet, unsettled week ahead
- State health officer advises safety, vaccines ahead of holiday season
- Dream job alert: Get paid $2,500 to watch 25 Christmas movies in 25 days
- Biden, sounding hoarse, says he has cold
- South Carolina lawmaker proposes providing families of those wrongly executed with $10M
DOWNLOAD OUR FREE NEWS APP FOR THE LATEST UPDATES:
FOR WEATHER ALERTS: