SMITHS STATION, Ala. (WRBL) – Lemons are in style. It started when First Lady Dr. Jill Biden wore a lemon-patterned dress during her and her husband’s trip to visit Jimmy and Rosalynn Carter in Plains, Ga.
This weekend, Angela Copeland, Smiths Station Junior High educator and wife of Smiths Station mayor Bubba Copeland, wore a similar dress to a May 1 Kentucky Derby party at Storybook Farms.
Copeland is a career tech teacher and cheer coach. She told News 3 she has been so busy with cheer, she hadn’t seen the First Lady’s dress and learned about the similarities from her husband on May 4.
“I’m quite positive she didn’t get hers from Amazon,” Copeland joked.
Copeland said she is obsessed with lemons, and lemon décor fills her home.
While the style similarities were unintentional, Copeland found an important resonance between herself and Dr. Biden, both educators, during Teacher Appreciation Week.
“Teachers are amazing people,” Copeland said. “They’ve had to completely adapt to COVID. It’s been a year, but we have persevered, but it’s great to give back especially this week.”
For more on how you can support teachers, visit WRBL News 3 Teacher Appreciation Week Page.
- Calvary Christian wins 3rd straight GAPPS State Title
- Costco drops mask requirement for fully vaccinated shoppers, with some exceptions
- Huge Milestone: Las Vegas couple celebrates 75 years of wedded bliss
- Masks no longer required outdoors at Walt Disney World
- The unwitting are the target of COVID-19 falsehoods online
DOWNLOAD OUR FREE NEWS APP FOR THE LATEST UPDATES:
FOR WEATHER ALERTS: