As Hurricane Sally continues to move across the WRBL News 3 viewing area, stay tuned and check in online for our ongoing updates on local school closures ahead of the storm.
Stick with News 3 as we continue to update our list of closings.
- Troy University has cancelled in-person classes for Sept. 16 and Sept. 17 as Hurricane Sally moves in.
- The Muscogee County School District has canceled athletic and after-school activities for Sept. 16
- The Lakeside School will be closed Wednesday, Sept. 16.through Thursday, September 17. The volleyball game against Crenshaw has also been cancelled.
- Alabama Law Enforcement Agency (ALEA) Driver License Division has closed several offices. Exam offices in Mobile, Baldwin County, Escambia County, Choctaw County, and Covington County will be closed Wednesday, Sept. 16. The Eufaula in Barbour County office will be closed Wednesday, Sept. 16 and Thursday, Sept. 17.
- Columbus Technical College will be closed as of 5 p.m. on Sept. 16, all events on campus and all in-person classes are cancelled. Activities resume as telework, beginning Sept. 17.
- The Harris County School District has canceled all operations for Thursday Sept. 17 due to conditions from Hurricane Sally.
- Meriwether County School System has canceled all traditional school instruction, learning, and extra-curricular activities for Thursday, Sept. 17.
- Lee County Schools has canceled all in-person instruction for Thursday, Sept. 17, all classes will be virtual.
- St. Anne-Pacelli Catholic School will close on Sept. 17 due to inclement weather from Tropical Storm Sally. Parents for Preschool through 2nd Grade students will receive learning materials by email while students Grades 3 through 12 will have assignments on Google Classroom.
- Russell County Schools will switch to remote learning for Sept. 17 due to inclement weather, all extracurricular activities have been canceled.
- The Muscogee County School District has canceled in-person lessons on Sept. 17 due to inclement weather and potential for damage from Tropical Storm Sally. All students will learn via virtual instruction instead. The District says that households that experience circumstances causing student absences should notify their schools’ administrators and teachers. In-person instruction will resume Sept. 18.
- Mayo Academy Daycare will be closed Thursday, Sept. 17.
- Phenix City students will report for instruction remotely on Thursday, Sept. 17th. Students are not to report to school buildings. Staff will report as normal.
- Calvary Christian School will be closed on Thursday, Sept. 17 and will be open for a regular full day of classes on Friday, Sept. 18. A decision regarding athletic games and practices on Thursday will be made by noon on Thursday, based on the impact of inclement weather by that time.
- Wynnbrook Christian School will be closed Thursday, Sept. 17.
- Columbus State University will have virtual classes Thursday, Sept. 17 in place of all in-person classes. The library, Rec Center and similar services will remain closed Thursday, Sept. 17. CSU will resume normal operations Friday.
- Troup County Schools Offices and Schools will be closed Thursday, Sept. 17.