Local house fire causes $75,000 in damage

Local News
house_fire (Copy)_119285

COLUMBUS, Ga — Fire investigators say they are ruling a house fire at 2928 Auburn Avenue accidental.

They say the fire started at around 9:31 a.m. when a man dropped an open bottle of fingernail polish onto a candle on his kitchen counter. Fire Chief Greg Lang says the reaction set the cabinets on fire and the flames spread from there.

Lang adds the fire caused about $75,000 in damage but no one was hurt. He says the fire did not spread to any surrounding areas.

Fire trucks blocked Auburn Ave and Edgewood Rd as firefighters worked to put out the blaze. Crews say they have cleared the area and roads are open now.

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Recent Updates

More 7 Day Forecast

More Political Stories

More Politics

Trending Stories

Don't Miss

Trending Stories