Man dies in house fire on Bunker Hill Rd. Monday night

Local News
house fire_133067

COLUMBUS, Ga. – Columbus Fire and EMS say one man is dead and a house is deemed a total loss, following a Monday night fire.

They say the fire happened at a home on Bunker Hill Road around 6:30 Monday night. Officials say food left on the stove was the cause of the fire.

O’Brien later died from smoke inhalation. O’Brien’s brother was also in the house at the time. He went to the hospital for treatment.

The fire did about $150,000 in damage.

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Recent Updates

More 7 Day Forecast

More Political Stories

More Politics

Trending Stories

Don't Miss

Trending Stories