As of 4 p.m. Saturday, Georgia Power has restored power to 352,000 customers following Hurricane Michael, and restoration in the Augusta, Savannah and Columbus areas was completed yesterday.
The company has more than 5,700 personnel working around the clock to restore power for the approximately 38,000 customers located in the hardest hit areas that received the most destructive damage from Hurricane Michael. All of Georgia Power’s resources are dedicated to storm restoration efforts in the state, and the company continues to mobilize additional resources from assisting utilities as they become available.
Georgia Power has posted the estimated restoration times (ERTs) for customers who are able to receive electric service in the following areas with these projected times:
- Bainbridge area – Tuesday, Oct. 16 by 8 PM
- Albany area – Monday, Oct. 15 by 8 PM
- Americus area -Saturday, Oct. 13 by 10 PM
- Macon and Central Georgia area – Saturday, Oct. 13 by 10 PM
- Columbus and West Georgia area – RESTORATION COMPLETED
- Augusta area – RESTORATION COMPLETED
- Savannah and Coastal area – RESTORATION COMPLETED