SEALE, Ala. (WRBL) – A major accident has occurred on US 431 southbound near Alabama 169 close to mile marker 100.
A semi truck has jackknifed in the incident, and at least one other vehicle is also involved in the crash.
The Russell County Sheriff Department, along with Seale Volunteer Fire Department has responded to the crash.
Currently there is no word on injuries, but at least one ambulance has responded to the accident.
The lane on the shoulder of US 431 southbound lane is closed, while the lane closest to median of the road open to traffic.
Officials are urging drivers to use extreme caution in the area until the scene has been cleared.
- Hummer with 4 containers of gas inside bursts into flames after filling up at Florida gas station
- HBO releases first sneak peek of ‘Friends’ reunion
- Ohio woman hit in face with 10-pound ‘log of prepackaged meat’ during fight at Walmart
- Gina DeJesus carjacked at gunpoint: I-Team
- CDC: Fully vaccinated people can largely ditch masks indoors
DOWNLOAD OUR FREE NEWS APP FOR THE LATEST UPDATES:
FOR WEATHER ALERTS: