COLUMBUS, Ga. (WRBL) – News 3 is on your side at Midday with top stories from our community and around the country.
Georgia’s Department of Public Health pauses all use of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine after new guidance from the Center for Disease Control and Prevention and the Food and Drug Administration. Those agencies issued the update while they investigate a rare but dangerous type of blood clot found in some vaccine recipients.
In Muscogee County, vaccine distribution lags behind the rest of Georgia. Of the 5 million doses administered in the state, only 51,000 have been administered in Columbus.
The pandemic has created all sorts of problems for small business owners. Now some of them tell News 3 they are having trouble hiring and retaining workers.
In Harris County, the City of Hamilton has sworn in a new police chief. The new hire comes after the former chief resigned when video of him and another officer using racial slurs surfaced.
- Michigan lawmaker wants to register fact-checkers
- Hummer with 4 containers of gas inside bursts into flames after filling up at Florida gas station
- HBO releases first sneak peek of ‘Friends’ reunion
- Ohio woman hit in face with 10-pound ‘log of prepackaged meat’ during fight at Walmart
- Gina DeJesus carjacked at gunpoint: I-Team
DOWNLOAD OUR FREE NEWS APP FOR THE LATEST UPDATES:
FOR WEATHER ALERTS: