COLUMBUS, Ga. (WRBL) – Columbus police are investigating an early morning automobile crash on Buena Vista Road that left a 64-year-old woman dead.
Mary Carter of Columbus was killed in the accident, according to Muscogee County Coroner Buddy Bryan. She was taken by ambulance to the St. Francis-Emory Healthcare emergency room just after midnight Monday morning. That’s where she was pronounced dead, Bryan said.
A Columbus Police Department spokesperson said the collision is still under investigation. No charges have been filed. Mary Carter was a passenger in a Chrysler 300 that was involved in a wreck with a Dodge Challenger. The drivers have not been identified.
The two-vehicle crash happened in the 4000 block of Buena Vista Road.
Carter was killed on her birthday. A cause of death has not been determined and Carter’s body is being sent to Decatur for an autopsy.
- Cheney warns against enabling Trump lies ahead of No. 3 ouster
- House GOP ousts Rep. Liz Cheney from top post amid Trump criticisms
- Panama City MMA fighter gaining national attention from 360 knockout kick
- Cost up as consumer prices shot up 0.8% in April as worries escalate
- Tina Turner, Jay-Z, Foo Fighters, Go-Go’s among Rock & Roll Hall inductees
DOWNLOAD OUR FREE NEWS APP FOR THE LATEST UPDATES:
FOR WEATHER ALERTS: