COLUMBUS, Ga. (WRBL) – Columbus police are investigating an early morning automobile crash on Buena Vista Road that left a 64-year-old woman dead.
Mary Carter of Columbus was killed in the accident, according to Muscogee County Coroner Buddy Bryan. She was taken by ambulance to the St. Francis-Emory Healthcare emergency room just after midnight Monday morning. That’s where she was pronounced dead, Bryan said.
A Columbus Police Department spokesperson said the collision is still under investigation. No charges have been filed. Mary Carter was a passenger in a Chrysler 300 that was involved in a wreck with a Dodge Challenger. The drivers have not been identified.
The two-vehicle crash happened in the 4000 block of Buena Vista Road.
Carter was killed on her birthday. A cause of death has not been determined and Carter’s body is being sent to Decatur for an autopsy.
- Rain To Start The Week, But Drier Weather On The Way!
- UPDATE: Person in custody after an anonymous Instagram account makes bomb threat at Russell County High School
- Teams to pick up search for Brian Laundrie on Monday
- Nurses are leaving the profession, and replacing them won’t be easy
- ‘She touched the world’: Families release statements after body believed to be Gabby Petito found
DOWNLOAD OUR FREE NEWS APP FOR THE LATEST UPDATES:
FOR WEATHER ALERTS: