NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WKRN) — The Department of Defense says a soldier from Robertson County was killed Monday in Afghanistan while supporting Operation Freedom’s Sentinel.
Sgt. 1st Class Jeremy W. Griffin, 40, from Greenbrier, Tennessee, was killed in action Sept. 16, 2019, by small arms fire when his unit was engaged in combat operations in Wardak Province, Afghanistan. The incident is under investigation.
Griffin was assigned to 3rd Battalion, 1st Special Forces Group (Airborne), Joint Base Lewis-McChord, Washington.
He was posthumously awarded the Bronze Star Medal and Purple Heart.
- Sweet: Ramsay football player gets help with his tie on gameday
- East Bay Pastor, India Archbishop killed in Colusa County car crash
- Alabama woman knits dolls to help first responders comfort children
- Angels team officials knew of Tyler Skaggs drug use, reports say
- CEO reported missing in San Jose found dead in car