NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WKRN) — The Department of Defense says a soldier from Robertson County was killed Monday in Afghanistan while supporting Operation Freedom’s Sentinel.
Sgt. 1st Class Jeremy W. Griffin, 40, from Greenbrier, Tennessee, was killed in action Sept. 16, 2019, by small arms fire when his unit was engaged in combat operations in Wardak Province, Afghanistan. The incident is under investigation.
Griffin was assigned to 3rd Battalion, 1st Special Forces Group (Airborne), Joint Base Lewis-McChord, Washington.
He was posthumously awarded the Bronze Star Medal and Purple Heart.
- Randolph County’s only emergency care center closes its doors
- Coroner: Man dead in Auburn assault, police say another injured, one in custody
- Searches for ‘When does the debate end’ spike 3,000 percent as candidates wrap up final confrontation
- Columbus mayor suspends mask mandate
- Debate quiz: Who said it? Biden or Trump?