ATLANTA (AP) — Atlanta’s mayor announced a curfew will be in effect from 9 p.m. Saturday to sunrise on Sunday.
Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms announced the curfew during a news conference Saturday evening. She called it a “very unusual and extreme step” after violence rocked the city Friday night. Georgia’s governor said Saturday he’s authorized up to 1,500 National Guard troops to deploy throughout the city.
A protest over the death in Minnesota of George Floyd turned violent Friday night, as people burned police cars and damaged businesses, resulting in 71 arrests.
- New Lay’s flavored after beloved dishes at iconic American restaurants
- OSBI officials assisting investigation at zoo formerly owned by Joe Exotic
- Trump commutes longtime friend Roger Stone’s sentence
- Trump says executive order will include DACA recipients
- Cal-Maine Foods, Inc. donates nearly 300,000 eggs to Alabama food banks