GLOUCESTER COUNTY, Va. (WAVY) — A Virginia sheriff’s deputy is being recognized after he recently lifted a flipped vehicle enough to free a woman whose head was pinned beneath it.
The Gloucester County Sheriff’s Office released the video of the May 7 crash Tuesday morning on Facebook.
The video is about a minute long and comes from Deputy J. Holt’s body camera as he attempted to save the pinned woman.
The video shows Holt driving up to the scene of the flipped car, then running to the wreck.
A child is in the car with the woman and another woman is outside the vehicle crying. The woman on the outside explains to Holt how the woman’s head is pinned underneath the car by the sunroof.
Holt gets the child out of the car, then manages to lift the overturned vehicle enough for the woman to free herself.
Holt was previously recognized for saving two people from a burning house in March 2020.
- WEATHER AWARE: Heavy rain and thunderstorms likely as Tropical Storm Claudette moves inland
- Arreola Family hosts candlelight vigil, working to keep Hector Arreola’s memory alive
- Jack Patterson Joins Hoots Broadcast
- Medal of Honor recipient Col. Ralph Puckett honored at National Infantry Museum
- Heavy police presence at Marathon gas station in Phenix City
DOWNLOAD OUR FREE NEWS APP FOR THE LATEST UPDATES:
FOR WEATHER ALERTS: