Los Angeles adds new sexual battery count against Weinstein

National

FILE – In this Feb. 21, 2020, file photo, Harvey Weinstein arrives at a Manhattan court as jury deliberations continue in his rape trial in New York. Los Angeles prosecutors say they have charged Weinstein with an additional count of felony sexual battery by restraint. The district attorney’s office says Friday the charge was filed over allegations that the former movie mogul sexually assaulted a woman at a Beverly Hills hotel in May 2010. (AP Photo/Mark Lennihan, File)

LOS ANGELES (AP) – Los Angeles prosecutors say they have charged Harvey Weinstein with an additional count of felony sexual battery by restraint.

The district attorney’s office says Friday the charge was filed over allegations that the former movie mogul sexually assaulted a woman at a Beverly Hills hotel in May 2010.

The woman was initially interviewed by detectives as a corroborating witness but recently provided details showing her alleged assault occurred within the 10-year statute of limitations.

Weinstein was convicted earlier this year of rape in New York and remains imprisoned on a 23-year sentence.

His spokesman did not immediately return an email seeking comment on the new charge.

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Recent Updates

More 7 Day Forecast

More Political Stories

More Politics

Trending Stories

Don't Miss

Trending Stories