SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) — Airports across the country are experiencing major delays Friday due to a nationwide issue with the U.S. Customs and Border Protection computer system.
Travelers at San Francisco International Airport sent KRON4 photos of extremely long lines in the Customs and Border Protection area.
SFO explained that there is a nationwide computer system issue with U.S. Customs and Border Protection.
All of the systems are reportedly offline, causing a huge disruption with travel.
Currently, everything is being done by hand at SFO.
Hundreds of people — from infants to the elderly — have been waiting in line for much longer than usual.
No further details have been reported.
Check back for updates.
- Lanett’s Quae Houston Passes Away
- 3 arrested in murder of beloved Texas ice cream man
- Hoover City Schools to begin Fall school year under staggered schedule
- More COVID-19 deaths being reported in rural nursing homes across Alabama
- Knoxville ‘Back the Blue’ rally draws crowd of supporters and counter-protesters