MADERA, California (KSEE/KGPE) – One man is under arrest after Madera Police say he stole an excavator from a construction job site and attempted to strike officers with the attached bucket.
According to police, 33-year-old Hugo Berrera was driving the excavator westbound on Avenue 14 when officers arrived.
Berrera refused to leave the vehicle and attempted to fend off officers with the excavator bucket.
Officers were eventually able to get the cabin open and Barrera surrounded. He was later booked into Madera County Jail.
- Man to run entire length of US for mental health awareness: ‘Start to feel better about yourself’
- Motivational speaker breaks naked-skydiving record to bring awareness to mental health, suicide prevention
- Los Angeles home where Manson followers killed LaBianca couple sells for $1.875 million
- Florida vs. CDC cruise lawsuit: Court rules in favor of Florida against conditional sail order
- Exchange Club of Columbus holds its annual Pancake Jamboree
DOWNLOAD OUR FREE NEWS APP FOR THE LATEST UPDATES:
FOR WEATHER ALERTS: