MEMPHIS, Tenn. (WATE) – A snake will be put on display for educational purposes after it was run over by a truck in West Tennessee.
The copperhead in Hardeman County was 49-inches long, which is just three inches shy of a world record for that species.
Officials say people should not be concerned about going into the woods, but they should be careful.
The snake has been donated to the TWRA.
Keep in mind, it’s against the law to intentionally kill venomous snakes in Tennessee.
- Miss Georgia wins preliminary talent night during Miss America 2020 contest
- Child dies after Christmas parade accident in Tennessee
- Christmas miracle: Teen gets new heart, kidney at Children’s Hospital in Ohio
- Chuy Bravo, sidekick of Chelsea Handler, dies suddenly at 63
- WEATHER AWARE: Strong to severe storms possible late Monday into early Tuesday morning