MEMPHIS, Tenn. (WATE) – A snake will be put on display for educational purposes after it was run over by a truck in West Tennessee.
The copperhead in Hardeman County was 49-inches long, which is just three inches shy of a world record for that species.
Officials say people should not be concerned about going into the woods, but they should be careful.
The snake has been donated to the TWRA.
Keep in mind, it’s against the law to intentionally kill venomous snakes in Tennessee.
- NC State vs. UNC: Roy Williams looking to become 3rd coach with 200 ACC wins
- Columbus Police searching for suspect involved in a hit-and-run on Feb. 18 at West GA Optical Center
- Tampa company that developed cancer vaccine expanding human clinical trials
- Legendary Troy University band director Johnny Long dies at 94
- McDonald’s unveils a $100,000 Golden Shamrock Shake to celebrate 50th anniversary