KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – Knoxville Police said no injuries or damage has been reported after a small plane ran out of gas and was forced to make an emergency landing on the Interstate 640.
Police said the small plane made an emergency landing on I-640 East near Washington Pike Wednesday morning. No injuries were reported and neither cars nor the plane sustained any damage.
The plane was refueled and took off from the roadway around 10:45 a.m.
This is a developing story and we’ll continue to update the details as they become available.
- Columbus Police searching for missing elderly man with dementia
- Tuscaloosa, Auburn mayors continue Iron Bowl wager for charity
- Two people killed in Black Friday shooting at Arden Fair Mall
- Harris County family uses Christmas lights as a way to give back
- Sunday we’ll be met with appreciable rainfall, severe weather threat, then a taste of winter cold