FLORENCE, SC (WBTW) – A Florence man has been charged after allegedly threatening law enforcement following the death of a Florence Regional Airport officer.
Karl Pace Mayo, III, of Florence, was arrested by investigators on January 8, according to the Florence County Sheriff’s Office. Mayo has been charged with one count of breach of peace and one count of a violation of the Computer Crime Act.
Investigators allege that “on or about January 5, 2020,” following the death of Florence Regional Airport Officer Jackson Winkeler, Mayo “posted a threat to law enforcement officers on social media by offering to purchase ammunition for anyone who wanted to kill law enforcement.”
Mayo was booked into the Florence County Detention Center around 1:30 p.m. January 8, booking records show. He was released around 3:15 p.m. January 9 on a $1,558.90 surety bond.
Count on News13 for updates.
- Columbus woman dies stabbing on Rosewood Drive
- Clouds and cooler temperatures lingering around
- SEC announces roster, positional guidelines for cancellations
- Second stimulus checks: Where we stand after Trump’s push for new direct payments
- WRBL PrepZone Week 5: Georgia Highlights