EFFINGHAM, SC (WBTW) – A Florence County man has been charged and is accused of trying to pay a 10-year-old for sex.
Jimmy McKnight, 61, of Sellers Road in Effingham, was arrested by Florence County Sheriff’s Office investigators on Wednesday, according to FCSO Major Michael Nunn. McKnight is accused of soliciting a 10-year-old to have sex with him for money “on or about July 14, 2019.”
McKnight was booked into the Florence County Detention Center around 9:10 a.m. Wednesday, according to booking records. He is charged with one count of criminal solicitation of a minor.
McKnight was released on Thursday on a $10,000 surety bond, Major Nunn said.
- Sweet: Ramsay football player gets help with his tie on gameday
- East Bay Pastor, India Archbishop killed in Colusa County car crash
- Alabama woman knits dolls to help first responders comfort children
- Angels team officials knew of Tyler Skaggs drug use, reports say
- CEO reported missing in San Jose found dead in car