UPDATE (8:40 a.m.) — Students on the bus were heading to Calloway Smith Middle School.
UPDATE (7:45 a.m.) — The driver of the SUV has died. Several of the children on the bus were injured, two students were taken to the hospital for minor injuries. Officials say the driver of the SUV was in the opposite lanes and lost control of the car. The SUV hit the bus head on.
UPDATE (7:41 a.m.) — Mobile Fire-Rescue confirms that one person has died in this morning’s crash.
UPDATE (7:22 a.m.) — Mobile Fire-Rescue confirms that two people have been taken to the hospital, one in an ambulance and one in a private car.
MOBILE, Ala. (WKRG) — Crews are responding to a school bus crash in Mobile. It happened just before 6:50 a.m. near Government and Michigan. It’s not clear which students from which school were on the bus. We are working to get more information.
- Chiefs fan draws inspiration from Toy Story movies for new ‘Andy’ Reid tattoo
- 49ers CEO to bring entire organization — including interns — to Super Bowl
- StubHub sells more Super Bowl Tickets to Missouri, Kansas fans than California
- 49ers attend annual House of Prime Rib linemen’s dinner in San Francisco
- Temple Israel commemorates 75th anniversary of the liberation from Auschwitz-Birkenau in 1945