WALKER COUNTY, Ala. (WIAT) — The Walker County Sheriff’s Office has arrested a woman after she was found to have given false statements in a man’s disappearance.
Rosa Ann Rice was taken into custody Thursday after WCSO says she “wasted valuable time and resources toward finding Hayden Mayberry.”
Mayberry, 26, was last seen Nov. 19. WCSO says Rice’s residence is the last known place he was at before being reported missing.
Rice has been charged with obstruction of governmental operations. She is currently in the Walker County Jail.
This comes after three persons of interest were identified earlier Thursday. Charity Dove Watts Tessener, Justin “JW” Wyatt Stone and Tommy Edwards Welch have all been named by the WCSO as possibly knowing something to do with the case.
If you know any of the persons of interest or have information on Mayberry’s whereabouts, contact WCSO at (205) 302-6464.
- Stanford professor answers a modern quandary: Why is Zoom so exhausting?
- Cat that vanished 15 years ago reunited with her owner
- Prince Harry raps ‘Fresh Prince,’ says he didn’t walk away in first interview since being stripped of royal duties
- Vaccine ‘passports’ may open society, but not for everyone
- Queen Elizabeth II calls vaccine ‘quite harmless’