Here’s a great appetizer for college and pro football games. Wrapped in dough and baked crisp, this brings a fresh take on traditional jalapeno poppers. Easy to make and a joy to eat, whip some up for your next gathering.
Thanks to Billy’s Supermarket for our fresh ingredients and Daniel Appliance for our beautiful kitchen.
- Six small jalapenos (gloves optional)
- Sharp cheddar cheese
- Cream cheese
- Crescent rolls
- Chopped pimentos
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Halve and deseed the jalapenos. The seeds and the ribs hold the majority of the heat. You can wear gloves to make sure you don’t transfer the capsaicin to your eyes or face. Set aside for the filling.
- Grate about half a block of the sharp cheddar cheese.
- Add a half jar of pimentos, drained.
- Add about a tablespoon of mayonnaise.
- Add half a block of the cream cheese.
- Mix together all of the ingredients.
Make the Poppers
- Stuff all of the jalapenos with the cheese mixture.
- Open the crescent rolls and separate. Wrap the jalapenos in the dough.
- Bake in a 375F oven for 10 minutes.
You have a warm yet crispy, spicy treat. Enjoy!