- 6 tbsp butter
- 2 cup pecans
- 1 1/2 cup self-rising flour
- 1 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cup hot water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Add butter to a 9×13 inch cake pan or casserole dish and melt in oven
- Once butter is melted, sprinkle pecans over butter
- In a bowl, mix flour, granulated sugar, milk and vanilla.
- Stir to combine but do not over-mix
- Pour batter over butter and pecans, do not mix
- Sprinkle brown sugar evenly over batter, do not stir
- Carefully pour the hot water over the mixture, but do not stir
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until golden brown. Cobbler will not be firm.
- Eat end enjoy!