- 1 Fresh Beet
- Chickpeas (Garbanzo Beans), one 15 oz. can, drained
- 2 TBSP Tahini Paste
- 1 Large Lemon, for zesting and 1 tsp juice
- Garlic, 2 cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup, Extra Virgin Olive Oil
To roast a beet:
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Cut the green tops off and trim the root. Wrap in foil with a little olive oil. Roast about an hour until fork tender. Let cool. Peel off remaining skin.
- Place the beet in a food processor or a blender.
- Add the chickpeas, tahini paste, lemon juice, minced garlic, and a little lemon zest
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Slowly drizzle in the olive oil until desired texture.
- Sprinkle with remaining lemon zest.
- Serve chilled with fresh veggies and pita chips.