HAMPTON, Va. (WAVY) — The racing community is mourning the death of Balluzzo from injuries sustained during a crash at Saturday night’s modified feature at Langley Speedway.
Balluzzo was a 10-time champion at Langley Speedway.
A statement from Virginia Motor Speedway remembers Balluzzo as a chamption both on and off the track.
“He won the hearts of our fans with 11 track championships and a driving style that made him one of the most respected competitors we’ve ever known.”
Balluzzo was featured in a story by WAVY News 10’s Nathan Epstein last year after his daughter was diagnosed with pediatric Leukemia.
This is breaking news and will updated throughout the day.
Stay on WAVY.com for the latest updates.
- Liz Cheney says Trump and GOP backers threaten democracy
- 13-year-old Florida girl found murdered was stabbed, 14-year-old suspect being held 21 days
- GOP’s Carr seeks another term as Georgia attorney general
- Kemp waives Georgia gas tax for now due to pipeline outage
- Kemp signs $27.3B state budget, will block police raises