SAN FRANCISCO, Calif. (KRON) — Colin Kaepernick announced Thursday he is donating $100,000 to aid communities of color during the coronavirus pandemic.
He encouraged others to donate to the Know Your Rights Camp COVID-19 Relief Fund to assist disproportionate communities highly affected by the crisis.
The “Know Your Rights” campaign focuses on food, shelter relief, education, personal protective equipment and incarcerated populations to help slow the spread of the virus and provide the resources needed.
“Black and brown communities are being disproportionally devastated by COVID-19 because of hundreds of years of structural racism,” the former 49ers quarterback said in a video he posted to Twitter. “That’s why we’ve established the ‘Know Your Rights’ Camp COVID-19 Relief Fund to help address these issues.”
- Columbus Police attempting to identify shoplifting suspect
- Columbus Police hope a new false alarm program will help reduce the amount of false alarm calls
- A friendship to remember: A failed cattle dog and a downed calf won’t leave each other’s side
- Georgia election officials extend use of ballot drop boxes
- Tommy Tuberville campaign bus fire shuts down portions of I-59 in DeKalb County