AUGUSTA, Ga. (WJBF) – The Founding Partners of Drive, Chip and Putt have announced changes for this season, in regards to the continuing COVID-19 pandemic.
The 2020-21 qualifying season, originally set to begin May 2nd, is now cancelled. The Founding Partners say this was done to protect the health and safety of all involved.
Also announced, the Drive, Chip and Putt National Finals, originally set for April 5th 2020, will now take place on April 4th 2021, the eve of the Masters Tournament. Each National Finalist will be invited to compete in the same age division for which they previously qualified in 2020, regardless of their age on that date.
Those that bought tickets to the National Finals will be sent a refund in May and guaranteed the opportunity to buy tickets for next year.
MORE SPORTS STORIES:
- Jamie Fox Fondly Remembers Tommy Parks
- Auburn University asks football fans not to roll Auburn Oaks, encourages physical distancing
- Wrestling legend ‘Road Warrior Animal’ dies at 60
- Football Hall of Famer Gale Sayers dies at 77
- Former Harris County Head Coach Tommy Parks Dies
- Performance of the Week: McKay & Callaway Defense
- No Time To Rest For Red Devils
- SEC announces partnership with contact tracing company
- NFL fines coaches $100,000 for failing to wear masks on the sidelines
- AU Gameday: Fans can picnic on campus if certain tailgating items left behind