AUGUSTA, Ga. (WJBF) – The Founding Partners of Drive, Chip and Putt have announced changes for this season, in regards to the continuing COVID-19 pandemic.
The 2020-21 qualifying season, originally set to begin May 2nd, is now cancelled. The Founding Partners say this was done to protect the health and safety of all involved.
Also announced, the Drive, Chip and Putt National Finals, originally set for April 5th 2020, will now take place on April 4th 2021, the eve of the Masters Tournament. Each National Finalist will be invited to compete in the same age division for which they previously qualified in 2020, regardless of their age on that date.
Those that bought tickets to the National Finals will be sent a refund in May and guaranteed the opportunity to buy tickets for next year.
MORE SPORTS STORIES:
- Miami Heat to use COVID-19-sniffing dogs to screen fans at games
- Budweiser joins Coke, Pepsi brands in sitting out Super Bowl
- Trio of Black assistants make history as Bucs coordinators
- Super Bowl LV odds: Kansas City a 3.5-point favorite
- Old (Brady), young (Mahomes), different Super Bowl 55 awaits
- How much do Super Bowl LV tickets cost right now?
- Speculation over Tokyo Olympics: 2021, 2032 or not at all?
- Before he was a legend, Hank Aaron came through Columbus on his way to stardom
- Gov. Ivey directs flags to fly at half-staff in honor of baseball icon Hank Aaron
- PHOTOS: Baseball’s Hank Aaron through the years