ATLANTA (AP) — The Atlanta Braves are giving Adam Duvall his first start in the decisive game of the NL Division Series against the St. Louis Cardinals.
Braves manager Brian Snitker is starting Duvall instead of Matt Joyce in right field for Wednesday’s Game 5 against right-hander Jack Flaherty. Duvall bats right-handed while Joyce bats left-handed.
Tommy Edman is making his third straight start in right field for the Cardinals.
The pitching matchup will be a rematch of Game 2, when Atlanta’s Mike Foltynewicz outdueled Flaherty of the Cardinals for a 3-0 victory.
- Opelika police investigate shooting on Chester Ave. that left three injured
- Early Saturday morning stabbing leaves one dead on 32nd Avenue
- LaGrange woman hospitalized after being beaten and set on fire, ex-boyfriend arrested and charged in attack
- There are many ways to beat this heat during the dog days of summer
- 101 Tijuana churches to reopen Aug. 15 with COVID-19 safety measures in place, bishop says