DARLINGTON, S.C. (WBTW) — The Cook Out Southern 500 at Darlington Raceway will be held at full capacity, according to the raceway.
The Cook Out Southern 500 race weekend is Sept. 4 and 5.
“Our loyal race fans have displayed their passion for NASCAR at Darlington Raceway throughout the pandemic, so this is a key moment in our storied track’s history to fully open our gates once again for the fall race weekend featuring one of the crown jewel races of NASCAR, the Cook Out Southern 500,” Darlington President Kerry Tharp said. “Thanks to Governor McMaster and his administration for their collaboration in helping us take this step forward together as a state to welcome the best fans in motorsports back home to the track Too Tough To Tame.”
The racetrack said it will work with local and state government and health officials to adjust health and safety protocols as necessary.
Tickets for this weekend are available on the Darlington Raceway website.
- 1 killed in Miami-area condo collapse; rescue mission underway
- Photos: Florida condo collapse causes massive emergency response
- Rain chances will remain low as we transition back to our summer pattern
- Local county expands summer curriculum in the wake of COVID-19
- Overnight traffic fatality in Troup County
DOWNLOAD OUR FREE NEWS APP FOR THE LATEST UPDATES:
FOR WEATHER ALERTS: